Texas Estate Planning Services

The Law Office of Hugh Spires, Jr. provides the convenience you want and the personal attention you deserve with mobile and online estate planning services. Our attorney will travel to you within a 50-mile radius of Dallas, Texas or will provide your documents through a secure web portal.

Is this service right for you? Here are some of the many reasons you might choose our law firm for your estate planning needs. You:

  • Have gross assets of less than the federal estate tax exemption ($11.4M) and do not require complex tax avoidance planning.
  • Value privacy.
  • Don’t want to travel to an attorney’s office.
  • Have a blended family.
  • Want to protect your family’s inheritance from creditors and divorce.
  • May be a non-U.S. citizen.
  • Want to avoid or reduce expense of probate proceedings.
  • Want to determine who will inherit your property, how and when.

Read more below on our core Texas estate planning services. Contact us today to request a free consultation about how we can help you.

Last Will and Testament

A will is a legal document you use to state who receives your property upon your death. It is common to directly give property to a beneficiary or you may place it into a trust for the beneficiary, especially if the beneficiary is a minor. Read More


A trust is a legal agreement you use to name a person who will protect and care for the property you have given to another person. The person you name to oversee and protect the property in the trust is called a “trustee.” As the person who created the trust, you will be called a “settlor.” Read More

Medical Power of Attorney

A Medical Power of Attorney (“MPOA”) is a document you use to name the person you want to make medical decisions for you in the event you are physically or mentally incapacitated. Read More

General Power of Attorney

A general power of attorney is a document you sign that names someone to act on your behalf for business, legal or financial matters. You will be called the “principal” and the person you name is called your “agent” or “attorney in fact.” Read More

HIPAA Authorization Form

A HIPAA Authorization Form is used to select someone to talk to your physician about your health and medical needs. Due to federal laws regarding patient privacy, this form is required in many situations for your physician to release medical information about you. Read More

Living Wills / Advance Medical Directives

Some people may use the terms "living will" and "advance directive" interchangeably. However, a living will is one form of an advance directive. A living will addresses your desire regarding life support (such as being placed on a ventilator when you are unable to breathe on your own). Whereas an advance directive is used to appoint someone to make decisions regarding life support on your behalf when you are unable to do so. Read More